Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WEDDING MAKE UP BLOG

For all the brides out there looking for a great long lasting lipstick for their wedding day, I wanted to share with you an amazing lipgloss and lipstick in one - I just purchased 2 and I'm in love so I thought I would share.  I am not affiliated with OCC in any way and this is not a typical blog entry for me since I always talk about flowers.  However since I am in the wedding industry and I have a passion for doing makeup as well as floral design, I thought I would share.
The lip tars from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) are AMAZING and long lasting.  These lip tars come in a variety of colours and are made to be mixed together so you can create your custom colour.  I think they have 40 colours to choose from.  They are 100% vegan and 100% cruelty free which is great.  I refuse to buy make up which doesn't state on their labels that is cruelty-free and/or "not tested on animals" even if it's a great colour or it got good reviews.

One thing I would like to mention about the lip tars is that they are EXTREMELY pigmented and you only need the size of a tear drop maybe less to get an amazing vivid colour.  Start with a small amount and built up the colour to the intensity you want.  When you first put them on your lips you will have an "oh my god what the hell is this" reaction but don't be alarmed  - apply it with the brush that comes with it and rub your lips together as you do when you apply lipstick....the colour will blend beautifully.  And don't use your fingers because it will STAIN, but if you want to use your finger to blend the colour (I do sometimes) make sure you have some make up removing wipes nearby because you are gonna need them.

So far I purchased the lip tars in 2 colours - Memento and Strumpet. 

Memento is a beautiful neutral pink - it reminds me of Prrr from MAC but without the sparkly glossiness.

Strumpet is a beautiful deep wine fuschia colour - it does get darker as you build it.  I put one coat on and it's a beautiful bright berry colour, as you build it up it turns into a beautiful wine colour but more fushia than red. 

They are long lasting and won't dry your lips as much - they do have peppermint and hemp oil in them apparently so they actually moisturize.  If you are looking for a glossy and supershiny lipstick/lipgloss this is not the one for you.  They are not completely matte colours and they do have a little bit of sheen to it but you can apply a clear lip tar on top to make it super shiny.  They don't feather or bleed and they will last a loooong time.

I will definately buy more shades.

No comments: