Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Red rose wedding

It's been a while since I posted - the twins are keeping me super busy :)

I want to share some pics from my friend Sandra's wedding which took place this past September at Ancaster Mill.  I have never been to the Ancaster Mill and I didn't know what to expect but I was blown away when I got there.  This is such a gorgeous and private venue.  I can't stop thinking about it and the lush and green surroundings.  They even have a water fall.  Loooove this place.
 
The photographs were taken by Steven Elms at Elms Photography www.elmsphotography.com

We used red rose balls to line the aisle.





The bride looked gorgeous.  Sandra always knew she wanted red roses for her bouquet.  We went shopping for flowers and to choose the perfect shade of red.  Sandra liked Freedom roses which are a beautiful and rich shade of red.




The bridesmaids carried bouquets of beautiful Mondial roses - don't be fooled by these gorgeous gorgeous roses.  They are amazing and long lasting.  When you open the package they look light green but after the outer petals are discarded, they open up to be this delicious creamy white - just beautiful.



Sandra is a very traditional bride and wanted something classic, traditional and elegant.  It was a bit of challenge to find the right shades of white, light green and roses without making it look Christmasy but I think the end result was gorgeous.  I used lush premium white hydrangeas, the same red roses I used in Sandra's bouquet and the creamy white roses I used in the bridesmaids' bouquets.  For a touch of classic and traditional I used white baby's breath (classic and traditional when combined with roses)


 











1 comment:

benilhalk said...

These amazing floral decorations really enhanced the beauty of the wedding. The venue is also really amazing and those red rose balls looked wonderful. My daughter is getting married in a few months and one of her close friends owns a flower boutique. So she is helping us in choosing some lovely flowers to decorate the wedding hall at one of the amazing venues in Chicago.